Mobile gaming is on the rise since the past few years, and sales of many mobile games are surpassing that of console games. Of these games, a particular genre is gaining ground and is on the road to becoming the most popular genre in mobile gaming. So, here is the best RPG game you can play on your smartphone.
- Dungeon Hunter 5
- Darkness Rises
- Lara Croft GO
- Deus Ex GO
- DC Legends
- Dragon Champions
- Looney Tunes™
Mobile gaming is on the rise since the past few years, and sales of many mobile games are surpassing that of console games. Of these games, a particular genre is gaining ground and is on the road to becoming the most popular genre in mobile gaming. This genre is Role Playing Games or RPGs. Here, the players assume the roles of specific characters in the storyline within the game. There are a plethora of RPGs available for mobile, but we have cherry-picked the best ones for you. Here are our best Role Playing Games (RPG) for Android.
Dungeon Hunter 5 – Action RPG
Rating – 4/5
Released in 2015, Dungeon Hunter 5 is hack and slash RPG developed by Gameloft. It is a direct sequel to Dungeon Hunter 4 and shares some similarities with it. However, there are many notable differences such as DH 5 is not an open-world nor exploration and no co-op mode. There is a significant improvement in the loot system, and a new fusion feature is added where players can fuse certain items with others. Fans have appreciated the better graphics, but many of them have reported issues with bugs, and many others are disappointed by the removal of co-op mode.
Rating – 4.5/5
Darkness Rises is a single-player, hack and slash RPG published by Nexon Gaming. The gameplay allows you to do ride monsters and fight demons in the underworld with awesome weapons. There is a host of characters to play with, each having unique abilities. Players can choose from 4 classes, i.e., Warrior, Wizard, Assassin, or Berserker, and customize their character according to their preferences. Darkness Rises is highly rated by fans for its graphics, fight design, animation, and story.
Rating – 4.5/5
Eternium is one of the best Role-Playing Games in the android game market. You can play as a Mage, Warrior, or Bounty Hunter and wield a sword, axe, staff, or gun. The game features 3 worlds in which you can fight skeletons, zombies, automatons, aliens, demons, dragons, and whatnot. Players hold Eternium in high regard due to the fact that most features of the game are free, and purchases are purely optional. Considered as truly “free to play” by most fans, graphics can seem a bit outdated.
Lara Croft GO
Rating – 4.5/5
Though Lara Croft GO is not technically an RPG, it can be considered one as we have to assume the role of Lara Croft in the game. It is a turn-based puzzle video-game from the Tomb Raider franchise where you control the Lara Croft puzzle piece on a board game while avoiding obstacles. Lara Croft GO will cost you ₹520. The players can solve more than 115 puzzles that are spread over 7 chapters and collect ancient relics to unlock new outfits. Fans have loved the complexity and uniqueness of the puzzles, along with the visuals.
Deus Ex GO
Rating – 4.5/5
This is our second turn-based puzzle game on the list. Developed by Square Enix, Deus Ex GO was released in 2016. The players control the main character, Adam Jensen, as a puzzle piece through the board game. Jensen can hack environmental features like turrets to overcome his enemies. Dues Ex GO features over 50 puzzles with a “Level Editor” option where the players can design their own puzzles. The game has shorter but challenging puzzles that have been well appreciated in the fan community.
DC Legends: Battle for Justice
Rating – 4/5
This one for the comic book fans. DC Legends: Battle for Justice is a PvP role-playing game in which you need to create a team of superheroes and fight against rival teams. You can choose amongst several DC characters, including Batman, Lex Luthor, Joker, Wonder Woman, and many others. Players can customize their heroes as they progress in the game. Multiple locations from the DC Universe are available like Themyscira, Metropolis, and Gotham City. Fans are satisfied by the game, although some do complain about expensive in-game purchases and crashing issues.
- Dragon Champions provides a world full of tactics, fights, strategies, pleasing graphics and a lot many other such features.
- The user has a variety of options to choose from as their in-game races. You can play as Humans, orcs, elves, pandas, goblins, beastmen, or demons each of which is designed uniquely and wonderfully.
- The satisfaction received by responsive, fast-paced combat and some extraordinary special effects feel like a treat to the eye, backdrops and surrounding atmosphere are designed to perfection adding to the user experience.
- The game’s storyline is unique and interesting, it is based on how ancient god eliminated each other, leaving the world to dragons.
Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem
- The game is based on the most well-known and nostalgic characters of the cartoon world, it is of the RPG genre and packs a lot of fun.
- If you loved cartoon characters like Tweety Bird, Taz, Road Runner you are going to love Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem.
- You have to collect your favorite characters and build a team to wage hilarious battles and take down enemies with the funny pranks much like the shows.
- Each character has a unique set of skills and funny moves that will keep you interested and laughing.
Champions and Challengers – Adventure Time
- Based on cartoons, you can play as the most famous villains and heroes of the Adventure Time multiverse. Characters like Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, BMO, Ice King can form a team and challenge the time lord!
- It is in your hands a form a winning strategy to help your team to victory. Simple gestures have to be used to summon the various attacks.
- Want to play against other players? hop into PvP Arena and rise up the leaderboard upgrading your team and characters.
- Combine all character abilities and smash the enemies to spoil the dice lord’s ideas and plans.
- Sky arena is under battle over a very important resource called mana crystals, you have to summon over a thousand monsters to compete in the sky arena and win.
- Each monster has unique skills, there are many different run sets that have to be picked and select advanced abilities of the monsters.
- Fight against other players in PvP mode and earn the victory. Battle others that summon you, train monsters and get your village decorated.
- You have the choice to craft over a hundred items at the new craft building. You can craft Craft High Runes, special Buildings, Statues and more and also place them wherever you want.
Attack the Light
- It is in your hands to stop the powerful gem weapon by teaming up as Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, and Steven.
- All the four gems have unique attacks and form of upgrades.
- You can collect secret treasure, fight the bad men, explore caves, and level up.
- The Backpack that steven holds contains a variety of magical items that will help you in your conquest.
- Controls are very user-friendly with easy swipe and tap controls. Each new power has a different mechanic that is to be mastered, making it challenging and so much more interesting.
A Dark Dragon VIP
- You have to build and manage a small community of people in order to make resources to be used for exploratory expeditions.
- The adventure starts with the dark island, the secret of the dark forest keeps unfolding.
- A storyline that involves tension and keeps you indulged in the game.
- The future of the dark island is in your hands.
- This premium game includes many animals that have been turned into monsters and strange noises can be heard in the dark.
- Create a village by gathering people and survive. Find the dragon dungeon and escape.
Wolf: The Evolution
- The game is based on the story of wolf’s lives, a tale of adventure.
- The silver grade pack is a family struggling to have a foothold in the wildlife. It is in your hands to help them grow until they realize their dreams.
- You have to expand your territory by fighting other wild animals like elephants, bears, jaguars and, tigers. Get rid of enemies to expand your territory and earn rewards.
- You can choose the life of a hunter, to search for prey and hunt them down to feed your wolves and keep them strong and ready for battle.
- Feed the wolves and grow them from puppies to adults. Unlock new wolves and bring them over to your den. Evolve the wolf pack to rule the wildlife.
MARVEL Future Fight
- This game is for the Marvel fans that love characters from the MCU(Marvel cinematic universe). It involves all characters that are loved and cherished from the MCU and brings the storyline of all different characters into a unique game
- You have to form iconic teams that will defeat the enemy!
- There are over two hundred characters from MCU that are available to be played.
- Help your characters level up to unleash full powers, and build epic teams like the Avengers or X-men.
Shadow Fight 3
If you are looking for a fight to gain ultimate power, then you need not look any further than Shadow Fight 3. The third installment in the Shadow Fight franchise, NEKKI, has taken this PvP fighting game one step further in order to provide the gamer with a more immersive experience. The game promises great 3D gameplay and large interactive world to explore in its campaign gameplay.
You start as a soldier in the Legion army. Your goal: to gain the power of shadow. The game eases the player in with a very simplified and informative tutorial. With experience, one can gain booster packs that provide the player with new accessories and weapons, each with their own advantages in battle.
Into the Dead
Zombie movies, TV series, and games have always caught our eyes. The gnashing teeth and decaying flesh slowly inching towards the victim is quite a thrill to watch. The one aspect, however, which is talked about a lot but not portrayed enough is the chase. Into the Dead, a survival game created by PikPok is the perfect solution.
The game has a simple yet captivating plot. You have survived a helicopter crash in a field full of corn and zombies. You must run to safety. The game is a first-person view of the player and can be navigated by going left or right. The goal is to avoid the grasp of the zombies for as long as possible. To assist the player, perks like weapons and a companion in the form of a dog can be opted for.
There are a handful of gaming franchises that have been able to leave a mark on its players and were successful enough to transition into different platforms and generations. Mortal Kombat is one of those gaming franchises. Using amazing gameplay and individual characters, Mortal Kombat has been able to create a strong fan base that never left its side.
Mortal Kombat mobile promises the same level of captivating gameplay with their 3v3 fighting platform. You can create an elite team of warriors, chosen from a pool of 130 characters, and compete in battles in the campaign or other fellow players.
Modern Combat 5
The Modern Combat franchise was Gameloft’s effort to bring the excitement, action and unending fun of the PC first-person shooter platform into every gamer’s palms. The fifth installment in the franchise also known as Modern Combat 5: Blackout came out in 2014 and picks up right after the events of Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour as a sequel.
Modern Combat 5 comes with the same intriguing plot of the previous games but supercharged with better graphics, gameplay, and choice of accessories. Other than the campaign, players can also compete in classic Call of Duty style multiplayer segments. Modern Combat 5 is a must-try for the FPS enthusiast on the constant move.
We have all imagined and dreamt of entering the mind of one of our favourite animals and running through the forest with our pack or pride and hunt for game. The creators at Swift App LTD have created The Tiger, a role-playing Tiger simulator to give a taste of what it feels like to be a strong Tiger in the jungle.
Explore the large jungle to look for sustenance and territory that you can claim as your own. The game can be played in two modes, CO-OP or PvP, which means you can either campaign to gain more experience and upgrade your stats or roam the jungles with another fellow feline.
The Walking Dead: Road to Survival
The Walking Dead television series, adapted from the comic book of the same name, was a worldwide phenomenon. It changed the way we looked at zombies as a horror franchise. It was successful enough to spawn multiple games, of which The Walking Dead: Road to Survival is one of.
The role-playing game puts you smack in the middle of the zombie-infested world. The game revolves around the player creating their own camps and create a team of zombie fighting characters taken from the TV series itself. The player will have to make many decisions in the game which will take them in a completely different storyline.