The Delta emulator is one of the most popular emulators available out there. The Delta will play games from Gameboy Advance, NES, and SNES on your iOS devices. Many gamers would love to take a jog down the memory lane by playing their beloved Nintendo titles once more. Games like Legend of Zelda, Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, etc. are just waiting to be played.
Unfortunately, the emulator is a third-party app, and you will not find it on the Appstore. You need to follow some instructions which are mentioned below. Most importantly, you don’t need to jailbreak your device to install Delta, which is a huge bonus if you ask me. We are here for you peeps, with a step by step guide on how to install this emulator and enjoy your favorite games. Have a look for yourself.
How to install?
The Delta emulator is compatible with all devices having iOS 10 and above. The procedure to install is a bit complicated, and you will need a few items to complete the installation. You will need a PC or a Mac, a cable to connect your phone with the computer, and a couple of applications that you need to download from the internet. Follow these steps, and in a few minutes, your Apple device will be ready to play your favorite classic games.
- You need to download and install the AltServer app on your Mac or PC from here.
- Download and install Cydia Impactor on your Mac/PC from here.
- Now, Download delta.IPA file, you can easily find this by a google search
- Plug your device into your computer and then close iTunes if it opens.
- Launch Cydia Impactor and wait for it to recognize your device
- Drag and drop the .ipa file to the Cydia Impactor
- You’ll need to enter your Apple ID and password. After that, leave Cydia Impactor to load and sign the file
- Create an app-specific password – Apple
- The Delta icon will appear on your home screen. It’s still not ready for use.
- Open Settings and go to General
- Find Delta Emulator in the Profiles and Device Management menu
- Tap the Delta Emulator icon and then tap on Trust
- Delta Emulator is now ready for use. Play all your favorite Gameboy games.
The Delta Emulator is a massive upgrade to the previous GBA4iOS and is packed with additional features. These will help in enhancing your overall gaming experience and quality. We have listed the important ones for you.
- Emulator for Gameboy Advance, Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- No need to jailbreak your device (critical)
- Compatible with devices with iOS 10 or above.
- It offers customized skins for touch controls
- You can also opt for the vibration option for feedback from controllers
- Split-screen can be enabled for iPad
- This emulator supports MFI controllers and input mapping
- In case you have iOS 13, or above, it supports PlayStation and Xbox controllers with input mapping
- It can also support external keyboard
- The home screen has a 3D touch icon
- Multiple save states are present
- You can also sync your games on the cloud
- Cheat codes are supported, for those naughty gamers out there
- Sustain button
- A built-in browser is provided where you search for games
- Airplay and WarioWare twisted are also supported
As it is a third-party application, you also need to be aware of some additional information for the smooth functioning of games. There are some things you need to keep in mind when using the Delta Emulator. For example, for non-developer Apple IDs (who are not subscribed to $99 a year), the games will expire in 7 days. So, the AltStore will periodically attempt to refresh your apps in the background. The Altstore website also recommends setting AltServer to launch automatically when turning on/logging into your computer. AltServer must be running and on the same WiFi network as AltStore when installing or refreshing apps. Also, they advise to leave your computer in sleep mode when not in use and plugged in if possible.